Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010 edited

This is a paso fino with two copies of the creme gene on bay base-color, which dilutes it to "perlino."  Though this horse is still in her winter shaggies, I thought people might enjoy the contrast of a white-looking horse in a field of Texas Bluebonnets. This paso fino may look like a cremello, but she isn't. A cremello would be two copies of the creme gene on a chestnut horse.

Feel free to post your creme-gene colored paso finos here if you like.

000_00622.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010

Here is the blue eye that goes with a double copy of the creme gene. This is on a perlino.

PerlinoBlueEyeCloseup3.jpg
    • CommentAuthornellie99
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2010

This is Adonis, he is a dunskin stallion. Buckskin with the dun markings.
      Adonis 10-12-10 010.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2010

Thanks for posting that Nellie. Good representation, and a beautiful paso fino.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010

One copy of the creme gene on a black horse produces the "Smokey Black." In many cases, you can definitely see this expression on the coat and muzzle in person.

Two copies of the creme gene on a black horse produces a beautiful "Smokey Cream."  This is a definite distinction which can clearly be recognized as such.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011 edited

FLORREROS CHASE - Pinto Stallion wtih a Creme gene, PFHA #14832.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011

FLORESCENCIA ESTABAN - Pinto Mare with one Creme Gene. Dam to Florreros Chase PFHA #14832.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

KRISHNA ESTABAN - Pinto Mare with one Creme Gene, PFHA #1920.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011 edited

CONCEPTION ESTABAN - Registered as a Buckskin Mare, Don Miguel Estaban X La Guya Estaban. She has one creme gene on Bay color, PFHA #3649. She gets her creme gene from Don Miguel Estaban. I don't think he's a roan. He gets his creme gene from Boricua.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

DON MIGUEL ESTABAN - This horse is registered as a roan, PFHA #1027, but has a creme gene that he got from his sire BORICUA. The so-called "Roan" is most likely not the Roan Gene, but a Roaning pattern particular to the Sabino genetics found on many Puerto Rican Paso Finos.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

LA GUYA ESTABAN - Black Pure Puerto Rican Mare PFHA #1425, SOMBRE X MIRAMAR. I think the buck stops here, and the creme gene picks up where she is bred to DON MIGUEL ESTABAN who has one creme gene and passed it on. Many of these lines are black with a creme gene, and sometimes it's hard to detect the creme gene in a black horse, although there is always a difference in shade of black.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

PERLINA ESTABAN, registered as a Cremello (two creme genes on a chestnut) , but could be a Perlino (two creme genes on a bay). Her sire, Conception Estaban was a buckskin (one creme gene on a bay), and  her dam Krishna Estaban was a B/W Pinto with one creme gene which would make her a smokey black/white Pinto.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2013 edited

The CREME gene is NOT A LOSS OF COLOR OR PIGMENT, but a DILUTION of color. There is a big difference.

GREY IS A LOSS OF PIGMENT - In animals and people. I've often referred to it on this forum as the absence of color. I may have to refine that. You lose your pigment, it doesn't become diluted. In horses, it is related to a transaminase from the amino acid L-Tryptophan. L-Tryptophan is the protein involved in hair and skin color/pigment  in you and your horsie. You are born with, or in my case, acquired later, hair with pigment, color. It wasn't grey,....still isn't, though I may be developing the silver gene. Apparently it is affecting the red hairs in my head.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2013

By the way, by the by, the black points on buckskin horses do NOT HAVE TO EXTEND BEYOND THE KNEE in order for it to be a buckskin.